Thursday, June 7, 2007

Why did I become an Atheist?



My friend "Mr. Ghost" has asked me to tell him why I became an atheist. It's a pretty complicated issue...

I was a religious person 'Shiite' who thinks life is just about praying and fasting bla bla bla... Then day by day while I was watching people (especially my people) dieing everyday and God is doing nothing ..

I lost my faith of God Automatically and gradually..

From a scientific point of view, there's no way to believe in god. Just recently, an American scientist clarified by a study that there's a power controls the universe but he refused to call it "GOD" coz that isn't an academic thing to do or scientific and objective thing to say... After all, scientifically there's no such thing called God but a universal power..


Personally, I find the idea of God very deceiving. It was created by man to justify any thing that doesn't make sense. It kills the logical human mind!
Religion to me is the reason of all the hate, war, racism, killing, wars, discrimination etc.. In the world, So there's no way to believe in Religion first, and there's no sense when we believe in God ..

3 comments:

Mister Ghost said...

Dear Sumerian Girl,
Thank you for answering the question. Is it a toughie for sure.

I can understand your point of view.

There isn't any way to prove that a God exists, and the concept of what a God is, varies from belief to belief.

When bad things happen, everyone for the most part, questions why (they - as in the problems/tragedies/misfortunes) are allowed to occur.

If there was a God, why all the pain and hate and evil and tragedy in the world?

And people are hypocrites - they
use God - act in the name of their God - to carry out their own personal desires, but camoflage it as some religious undertaking or
spiritual action.

Sumerian Girl said...

Hi Ghost,
I agree with u for sure. ppl ask me always to prove to them how does the world work out without god and how is it possible that there's no God! they can't understand that I don't have to prove either he (it) does exist or not! I don't care if he exists or not coz after all it doesn't make any difference to me!

Anonymous said...

wow,
Then, do you believe in sprit or soul?